Sunday 1 September 2013

September Measurements

I cannot believe that it is already the first of September! Where did this year go?! Time has just been flying by lately. September marks a very busy and eventful month. My son is 18-months-old today. My daughter starts pre-school on Tuesday. My wedding anniversary is on the 15th. I'll have something to keep me occupied, no doubt.

With the start of a new month comes taking my measurements to see if there has been any improvements from the previous month. I have mixed feelings over the results. On one hand, I'm disappointed that I didn't do better, but on the other I'm happy to see an improvement, even if it isn't what I was hoping for. I suppose I shouldn't be too hard on myself. The week my in-laws were visiting I pretty much didn't exercise and the week after they left I didn't exactly go full-tilt into exercising either. You have to put the effort in to reap the rewards. Here are my current measurements:

Upper Arm: 14.5 inches (left) and 14.5 inches (right)
Forearm: 11 inches (left) and 11 inches (right)
Upper Thigh: 28 inches (left) and 28 inches (right)
Calf: 17 inches (left) and 17.5 inches (right)
Hips: 49.5 inches
Waist: 42.5 inches
Chest: 39 inches

Last month's measurements can be found here. All-in-all, I have lost 10.5 inches total since August 1. I guess it's not so bad when you look at it in total inches lost. It probably wouldn't be too healthy to lose a ton of inches off of one body part so quickly. Slow and steady wins the race! I also weighed myself this morning, as part of some of the challenges that I'm apart of on Lose It! (I've been trying to break my habit of weighing myself daily). I've finally broken free from my 247.2 pound plateau and lost just shy of two pounds! I'm now 245.3 pounds. I'm very happy about that!

I did the coulee walk again yesterday. I upped the ante though. When Ashlee and I did the walk last week, we drove to the path and only walked down and up the coulee path. This time I was by myself and I walked from my house to the coulees, then when down into the coulee and back up and walked home after. It's a 6.79 kilometre walk round-trip and it took me an hour and 18 minutes. I was absolutely exhausted once I got home, but I felt very accomplished! I want to try and make that walk something that I do weekly, at least until the weather gets really crumby. I wouldn't want to try and walk that steep hill in the snow, that's for sure!

In other news, tomorrow is the day that Ashlee and I have set to walk the West Side Hill. I'm not sure how I feel about finally walking it. I've lived here all my life and never once in 26 years have I felt compelled to walk the length of it. At this point, the best I can hope for is that I don't die! If I make it to the other side in one piece, there's a large Iced Capp waiting for me at Tim Horton's! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment